Think of a time when you first saw something for the very first time. Like walking into your current home. Think about how full your senses were. How you saw details, smelled the new environment. How did your body feel going in? Did you see the dream and the potential? did you get excited or maybe a bit afraid because you weren’t sure how you could financially or energetically manage.
I’m working with this analogy because this is really what this past week has unfolded like since the flea session.
Everything is different.
What these sessions do is work on a subconscious level of perception.
I came home to have the fleas completely disappear ……24 hours later, they came back with a vengeance. It’s like they wanted me to go even deeper into the work. I resisted them to the degree that they attacked. Falling even deeper into a place that I can’t define. It wasn’t surrender, but a deeper dialogue WITH them. If I can’t beat you, then I will join you. And so I did. I actually befriended them. I would go to sleep and talk to them as I saw them huddled up cozy and warm in my carpet. I stopped killing them and started listening. Yes, I still vacuumed obsessively, but I stopped killing them individually because I was never going to win.
During this listening, I was shown a very clear path, not only through words but the truth of what it feels like to completely acquiesce into a progressive state of renewal. For this, I had to understand and lovingly accept my own timing. My own processing. My souls own wisdom and time and really getting the F out of her way.
I came to honor the fleas cycle as I honored MY cycle in ALL that was bringing uneasiness and anxiety into my environment. In my life.
The incredible and often jaw-dropping and breathtaking synchronicities and serendipities that were to follow since the Live session has found me laughing out loud somewhere between “but of course”, and “WTF!”.
It was not only the actions that I was witnessing, but the FEELINGS associated. A new sense of calmness and trust has taken over. In this place though, everything is new. I stand in this bare home where everything is possible and the belief systems that messed up and cluttered the old house are non-existent. I am a brand new canvas.
In this time, My dad has asked for not one but 2 sessions of BodyTalk before he left for Turkey on Thursday. He called this work “that seance stuff”…. Both sessions were extraordinary. Sweet. Deep, and so simple. For the first time, it was not a conversation between my ego and my projections of him. It was a conversation between his innate wisdom and my innate wisdom. When he comes back, we will go to the horses together.
It was a beautiful conversation to witness. He is now gone back to his roots, our roots with his own changes whether aware of them or not, to go back and shift family dynamic through his own changed frequency.
In our session, we worked mostly with the masculine and permissions. Where did he give permission to others to vampire off him, and where does he unintentionally “take” from people. There was a story around land being developed by his grandfather that was not supposed to be developed in the way that it was. I learned of the power of the man who is my great-grandfather and who and what HE was spiritually bound to and the depths of his belief systems, and how they now affected both my father and I. We uncovered stories going back 4 generations. I got to know a bit about who and what these men were like, and why there was this “wall” as my dad was able to define and put words to. This wall he spoke of is a big part of who he has become. This thing that I feel in him, in us that I have not been able to name. I was able to be a pure witness and in that space of listening, there was a huge sigh rippling through our bloodline and a forgiveness from the land that was finally able to have her story heard.
As one thing shifts, it makes space for another like a crescendo and I was able to also finally move into a deeper space of love and honoring of another very important and unfinished relationship with a man that I spent the last 3 years of my life in this place of excruciating heartache. And, like my dad and I’s story, and my perception of my story of heartache it feels like there is a new and profound patience and inviting in of the masculine ( the left side of the body which was a big part of the live session) A place that I feared and had not been able to touch. An acknowledgement of a deeper love for their journey, their own divine timing and for their process of healing. Conscious or not.
You see, there is no separation. I am them and they are me. I am those fleas, and they are me.
This new place feels really good. It feels potent. It feels like a door slowly swinging open onto a horizon that I could never have seen with yesterdays eyes or even accepted with the cloud of yesterdays judgements.
Thank you all who witnessed and supported. Thank you horses, and thank you fleas.
This is the article on the meaning of Flea according to Wildspeak.com
Accumulative Damage. Vampirism (emotional, physical, other). Aversion to Light. Metamorphosis. Rebirthing. Looking After Ourselves and our Environment. Running Away From Problems. Sensitivity to Environment. Dependence Upon Others. Hurting the ones you Love. Blood Wisdom. The Dependent Vampire.
All fleas are compressed laterally and are wingless, parasitic insects that subsist on blood. They have well-developed back legs in their mature stage that enables them to leap from host to host. Fleas have a sense organ on their bodies which is very sensitive to vibration and air currents. Fleas have multiple stages of complete metamorphosis, moving from eggs, to larvae, to pupa and then to adult. In their larval stages they avoid light and will survive off feathers, adult flea feces, hair and skin. Only the adult flea requires blood to survive. There are many different species of flea, some are cat-specific, human-specific, dog-specific etc. Each have different adaptations suited to this animal.
Please remember that if this animal is contacting you, it will often be the best resource for teaching you what its lessons are. What I write is only intended to be a guide, it is not absolute, nor is it infallible.
– If flea has come into your life as a guide (usually through biting us!) we are reminded to look after ourselves and our environment, and to practice vigilance. If we are lazy about how we look after ourselves, we can get physically, emotionally and spiritually harmed. We can even become seriously ill. Make sure you look after your environment and your body.
– Flea represents vampirism (emotional, physical, other). Flea suggests that we might be taking the energy from others – particularly those close to us – without even realising it. This vampirism is a sign of dependence upon others that can become unhealthy. We may also be preyed upon for energy, because we give our energy away too easily. Flea represents the dependent vampire, who will take from those he cares about most.
– Flea indicates a need for darkness and can represent the people who have an aversion to light. If flea has come into your life, it might be time to retreat into shelter, and take stock of your life. Fleas are highly sensitive to their environment, and you might find yourself overwhelmed by too much environmental stimuli. Quiet, dark places will heal you during the time that flea is around.
– Flea represents a time of accumulative damage. Flea bites are small, but the more we get, the more our health and immune system struggles. This accumulative damage can happen in other aspects of our life, small problems that never get sorted out add up until they become overwhelming. Look at each small problem in your life, and address them thoroughly to prevent a situation that feels uncontrollable.
– Fleas are adept at running away from their problems. It might be time for you to actually get away from a dangerous situation, if confrontation is no longer helping. Sometimes walking away is the healthiest thing we can do.
– Flea represents metamorphosis and rebirthing. When flea comes into our life, particularly in our dreams and visualisations, it is be time to turn over a new leaf and change our lifestyle. It is time to embrace change.
– When flea comes into our lives, it is time to assess whether we are hurting the ones we love, by either pulling on too many of their resources, using them emotionally, materially or spiritually, or if we’re literally just taking away too much of their energy through never listening to them or giving them a chance to recharge.
– Finally flea represents blood wisdom. All aspects of blood, ancestry, knowledge, energy, wisdom etc. are part of the flea’s domain. Indeed the domain of any animal that requires blood to survive. If you wish to understand blood memories, blood secrets and how to connect to your ancestry, a connection with flea may aid you.
If you have Flea as your guide:
People with this animal as a guide will often manifest traits similar to the animal itself. I work on the philosophy that we only have one guide, and it teaches us lessons as well as representing the core aspects of our personality. Therefore –
– Flea people tend to be codependent, or in codependent relationships throughout their whole lives. They may be abusive, but usually just tend to be people who need the energy of other people and animals in order to live. One of their main lessons in life is to learn how give and take in a way that permits their partner or friends to survive emotionally and spiritually in long-term relationships. These people are able to get away from their problems with ease, which also means they may never confront some of the less savoury aspects of their behaviour. It is a rare person who will admit to having flea medicine, which is a powerful medicine for directing energy.
There will be other ways your guide manifests, and you will recognise them with awareness and communion.
As shadow guide/guide:
The shadow guide is the animal we often fear irrationally, that teaches us things about ourselves that are profound and difficult to confront. Often the traits we fear most within the shadow guide, are the traits that we dislike in ourselves. We must scrutinise why this is, and learn how to work with them.
– Well, I don’t know many people who like flea, who seems to be far more common as a shadow guide, mainly because flea drinks blood. Flea attacks us, and threatens our physical well being, and the wellbeing of any pets we may have too. For this reason, we tend not to like flea, because flea reminds us that even when we are being vigilant there is a chance that we can be used for our resources and taken advantage of. Every part of our lives is constantly under threat, and the creatures that take from us, remind us of the humans that can take from us, and how life can put us in situations where we are taken advantage. It is important then, to learn that despite the constant threat of harm, we are able to live our lives as fully as possible. Fleas are a problem, but they are not the end of the world if we are vigilant and enjoy our lives. It is important to learn that flea reminds us of something positive, that despite harm, we are able to soldier on and lead fulfilling and wholesome lives.
– Those who hate flea are people who (understandably) tend to hate those around them who use and abuse people. They might know of people who vampiristically use their friends, they might never seem to give anything back. Hating these people is a response that enables us to protect ourselves from these people, but is it effective? And is hatred healthy? We need to confront this hatred, and understand the people what we may revile because of their decisions to use the people around them. Without understanding, we are left in a situation of ignorance and intolerance. We don’t have to like their actions, but it is important to take the time to understand the motivations of using/abusing, and then understand why we don’t do it.
Like all animal helpers, this animal will only appear when right and appropriate, and cannot be forced to visit you, commune with you, or share messages with you. Flea can be contacted via meditation / visualisation / journeying and of course in real life. Flea can be a cryptic guide and teacher, but the lessons are valuable.
SUCH a very cool story! This line really struck me:
“forgiveness from the land that was finally able to have her story heard”
Not only as an awesome concept/idea, but also as a wonderful solution to guilt and powerlessness. Rather than feeling awful about what’s been done to the land, with our hearts breaking and apologizing over and over… we can also just LISTEN. We can connect – as you did – and HEAR the land’s story, simply bearing witness is a powerful, freeing act. This is a very good thing to remember – no matter where I am!
It really is fascinating…. At what instant does the “healing” happen?… what if it happens by just simply being seen. Being witnessed. Being felt.
The thread of the the land has been so big. It’s like one of the things the elephants taught me about empowering them by seeing them for what they are and not what they are “going though”. That separation from “I’m so sorry for you” to “how can I help you?” same with the land. Very powerful indeed.
Thank you for listening!!